So the thing about this job is that it is not always busy around here. Today, I finished all I needed to do by about 11:30am. Made some phone calls, got prepared for a huge presentation that I was suppose to give at a church on Sunday morning (it has since been cancelled...), finished a project for my boss, etc. My brother came out to have lunch with me which was great but now im just sitting here, blogging, obviously. I'm feeling like I'll be leaving early today...
Last night was a very interesting night. For some reason, I decided to get out all of my beanie babies. haha. They are absolutely adorable and I had completely forgotten. I've decided that some of them will be travelling back to Oxford with me. a) they're cute and b)um...what a good conversation starter...haha =) Unfortunately, they are not worth anything right now, but hopefully when I give them to my kids, they will be.
After that, I went to dinner with my parents and talked with them a little bit more about my future...and how i just DONT know where it is headed. A week ago, I had my mind made up about going to OSU for grad school. I was going to be in their Labor and Human Resources grad program. I think I would like Human Resources. I love people, I also love being a leader, and the business world dishes out a little bit more money than the social service world. I went to an info session on that program and was really impressed. Grad school is just going to be so much different than undergrad. I was by far the youngest person in the information session.
Today, I'm feeling a bit more like becoming a Marriage and Family Therapist. haha...quite the jump. This would allow me to really talk to people and to help them with things that I am very interested in. This would be a way to use my psychology degree (because i love psychology) but it puts a little spin on it. I also wouldnt have to get my PhD (which I would have to do to become a psychologist). But maybe I will...who knows! This option just feels more comfortable to me, I guess. I think I was kinda forcing HR because of the money. Its important to me to make a good living, but shouldn't it be more important to be happy?
Whatever I decide, I am pretty sure I want to go to OSU (if i choose grad school, obviously). I would then have a concrete excuse for being a Buckeye fan =)
Only 2 more weeks of work! woohoo!
Next weekend = moving apartments in Oxford. I CANNOT believe it. It snuck up on me so fast.
"One step at a time, theres no need to rush. It's like learning to fly, or falling in love. Its gonna happen and its suppose to happen and we'll find the reasons why, one step at a time." Jordin Sparks
Less Is More
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment