Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm a Miami Alum...


I can't believe it, but its true. I graduated yesterday. The whole day was just very surreal for me. It seemed like high school graduation for a second, but it was also obviously very different. When I was little, I always thought that college graduates were so old and accomplished. I don't feel either of those things. My family kept telling me how proud they are of me for making it through college...I just dont see it as that big of a deal but I think I should start realizing that it is. A college degree is a big accomplishment and will get me places in life, we can only hope.

I think that maybe the reason it doesnt seem like that big of a deal to me is because the biggest part of my college experience has not been my GPA or my classes. It has been all of the other ways that I have been so graciously blessed along the way. I met my very best friends and others that have left their mark on my life. My friends are just...wonderful. They have made my college experience more enjoyable that I think I could have ever imagined coming in as a freshman. We are all so different but we love each other just the same. I don't even know how to put into words how much I love them and how much they have changed my life but I really wish that I could. I know that I will never forget it though.

My grandma came for graduation yesterday and she gave me the cutest little book:


Life Wisdoms: Little Thoughts for a Big Life

Reach for your highest star...just make sure you're wearing deodorant. Always remember the difference between right and wrong...wrong is the one thats fun! Let your smile be your umbrella...but plan on getting soaked. The best things in life are free...everything else can be charged. It is never too late to put the past behind you...and start making all new mistakes. When in doubt, act happy..it'll drive everyone else crazy. Always tell the truth...but have a back-up plan. Life is a journey...enjoy all the detours and remember to have fun along the way!

So...overall the weekend was really great. I am just not ready to leave my friends or Oxford. Its sad to me that my life is about to change so drastically and I am so happy where I am right now. I guess I just have to trust that it will just keep getting better!

No comments: