Monday, February 15, 2010

Quick update.

Hello, all.

I'll tell you what...my life feels crazy right now. But...its not. Its weird. Work IS crazy (completely chaotic, in fact) but the rest of life is just fine. Not sure why it feels so crazy.

I had a fantastic weekend. My parents were here and it was so wonderful to have them. I really feel like life would be almost perfect if my family were within (a reasonable) driving distance. As soon as they left I started to feel lonely. A few minutes later I was fine again but there is just always something missing when they arent here.

We spent the whole weekend just hanging out, watching the Olympics (which I still just LOVE), and shopping for my apartment! We finally got my living room situated and I love it (maybe I should post pictures soon?). It is so much more homey and...me. My bedroom is almost mostly situated so that makes me feel great. I made my first big furniture purchase...a beautiful new TV stand that is being delivered on Saturday! It was good that my parents were here because I would never make purchases like that if they weren't...but its okay for me to do so. I have a salary (although I wish it were slightly higher), I work hard, and I have been through a lot of ups and downs in the past 6 months. I deserve a self-purchased reward!

Valentines Day was pretty uneventful but I am SO thankful that I had girlfriends to spend it with. We had a romantic dinner of spaghetti and then went to CRY at Dear John. Yikes it was depressing.

2 small updates: LOVING the DVR and I joined a gym near my apartment. I decided after going today that it is a VERY worthwhile way to spend my money (and time). It is the cheapest gym I've ever looked at joining and they have all the same perks. Also...it reminds me of a gym that you would see on a movie or infomercial. During group fitness classes everyone like...cheers and sings to the songs. haha...it sounds silly but its really high energy and I like it a lot.

In other news: my small group is starting Crazy Love by Francis Chan this week. I'm already incredibly challenged and inspired by it and I'm only half way through chapter 1. I'm thinking it will lead us into good discussion...or at least I'm hoping so =)

2 comments:

M said...

Crazy Love is INTENSE! Very convicting but so worthwhile. You will enjoy it and grow by it!

Also, I'm excited to see you soon... not exactly sure when. I will let you know!

Kiley said...

froomie, this all sounds so good!!! yay! see you soon!!