Do you still follow your life in years? I thought that that may stop after graduating from college because, well, im pretty much doing the same thing every day...there is no "summer break" to break up one year from the next. I still follow life in years though. Next weekend marks the ONE YEAR mark of living in Georgia and next week...my one year anniversary at Phi Mu! WHAT in the world?! If the speediness of this year has taught me anything, it is to power through any struggles that new situations may bring -- they will be over so, so soon even if they feel impossible at the time.
A year ago, I was packing up my entire life...really excited about the new journey that awaited me. Looking back, even now, I think "what was i thinking?" Like...thats SO scary! Just...moving. No friends. No family. No support system. No IDEA what living in Newnan, Georgia would be like. Just a job and the promise of a salary. Phew- im really glad it turned out well. There sure were a lot of uncertainties.
A year later, I think that I am in a really good place. I still love my job and love Phi Mu with my whole heart. I have made friends that I really will miss if I ever do move away. I have established myself at a church that a really like and in a ministry that I have learned a lot from. Even in this stability though, a lot of change is ahead. I have had a slight job change (just switched areas of the country), have begun the application process for grad school (although still not entire certain that I will be going), and I just signed a new lease on a new apartment in Atlanta! Because of this, I have resigned as a Middle School Small Group leader at church and am BEYOND excited to get involved in a church that has a booming singles ministry. It is just extremely refreshing to be surrounded by people my age. I feel very settled and am beginning to feel more content. I have been struggling a lot lately with figuring out what my NEXT step will be. I have been praying a lot about it and the Lord has giving me a renewed sense of contentment. He will take care of me and my future. I have nothing to worry about. I have also really been focusing and praying about being able to be happy in the moment and in where the Lord has led me to this point. I know that my Lord provides (as has been SO clear to me this year) and I really hope/wish/pray that I can enjoy where He has led me at this point in my life. A year is a long time away (although it speeds by) and I just need to rest and be so happy with how blessed I am - I need to enjoy this fact and all the incredible gifts that surround me. I am a work in progress but I am really working on this =)
More about the big move - Monica has decided to stay in Atlanta, so I am moving in with her and with my good friend, Kate, from my small group. We are VERY excited. The apt is so beautiful and I think we made the right choice. The whole search was very complicated, but once we got it figured out, it felt so right. The thing I am most excited about is having beautiful Atlanta skyline views =)
My family has undergone some changes recently as well- all of which I am very excited about. My dad has been without a job since late January and I think that the search really got him down. I tried not to worry about it but I mean...I did. I know that it is stressful, especially as a father, to be worried about providing for your family. And I know that it was stressful for my mom, too, obviously. Well, good news - My dad got a job!!! =) FINALLY! Its unreal how hard he searched, and this position just kind of fell into his lap. A little bit of a "this is too good to be true" feeling came through, but I am just praying,praying,praying that it is not and that this is just something that my dad totally deserves. Its a great job and so far he really likes it.
My brother is moving OUT and into a house on OSUs campus with 4 of his friends. I am BEYOND excited for him. Its going to be so great and I am pumped that he will get to experience living with friends on a college campus. He had some reservations about it but I have none. He's going to love it and will learn so much. He has also applied to transfer to OSU Winter Quarter. **Crosses Fingers**
An exciting August is to come: home in 2 weekends, visitors the next two, then MIAMI REUNION in Alabama (Gulf Shores). YAY.YAY.YAY!
Less Is More
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment