Sunday, August 1, 2010

Such a lovely Sunday!

Today was just lovely.

Got up and went to church. Sadly broke the news to my 8th graders that I am officially moving and after next week, will officially not be their small group leader anymore. They were a lot more disappointed that I was anticipating them to be which was...nice? It was nice to know that they appreciate me and that, although it may not feel like it at all, I have gotten through to them and have had some kind of impact on their lives.

After church, I went out to lunch with my regular small group. My time with them is also coming to a close and, honestly, this is not as sad. I LOVE these girls and LOVE spending time with them, but as a small group, I just don't feel like we connect. I've felt like this for a year and I know that God put me in that group for those friendships and that alone has been such a blessing. I am excited to move on and to join a new one at a new church though.

After lunch, I made my way to Atlanta to pick up Monica and to go to Backpack in the Park which is one of the annual events of For the Kid in All of Us. For the Kid is a non-profit organization in Atlanta and Zach serves on the board. This event was to collect backpacks and school supplies for kids in need in Atlanta. A few of my coworkers pitched in and we were able to donate 4 backpacks full of supplies! It was great. Plus, Monica and I made new friends - what more could you want?

Then, I made my weekly trip to Kroger. The self-scanner scanned my chicken as 3.00 more than it was suppose to be. The attendant just gave it to me for free - i mean, what? Praise the Lord! haha...it was quite the money saver =)

I am SO excited to move to Atlanta. I feel like everything fun that I do takes place in Atlanta and it will be so nice to not have such a drive home afterwards. Its going to be so fun!

No comments: