Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's MARCH. Wow.

Alright...so whats been going on in my life lately?

The decision about whether or not to go to grad school has been forced to the back of my mind. I have yet to hear from Indiana about whether or not I got an assistantship and decision time only comes if I do. SO...no sense in worrying about it right now. It claimed way to much headspace for a couple of days and totally drained me. Seriously though its so frustrating to pray and pray and pray about something for a YEAR and to still feel completely unled. I think I'm convinced that God is just letting me take the reigns on this one. It won't matter to Him either way...not in a "I dont care about this decision" kind of way but in a "this decision will not change your relationship with me so...just do what you want to do" kind of way. We'll see...I should be hearing this week.

I sprained my foot/ankle at the gym last week. Dumb. I was in a step class and just stepped incorrectly and rolled my ankle every which way. It was awful. I could barely walk for about 4 days. Now it is a little better...I can walk normally but it is still sore. I haven't been to the gym in a week and a half and I can totally tell. I just feel so...tired, but haven't been sleeping well.

Things I am loving lately:
- Adele's new CD. Shes just...awesome. I love how emotional all of her music is. You can hear how much she identifies with what she is singing. I would go so far as to compare her song writing to that of John Mayer. Big time good.
- Chobani. New favorite breakfast food. My favorite is peach, raspberry is pretty good, too. I really WANTED to like the honey variety, but it just wasn't sweet enough for me. I might try it again though.
- Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung: I love books that are dense with practical spiritual application and wisdom and I believe that this one is. I really enjoyed reading it and have been thinking about it since I finished it.
- Reconnecting with old friends. Its amazing what a little facebook message can do!
- Night of Worship @ Buckhead Church. It seriously does amazing things for my heart/soul every time. I have been feeling completely disconnected and down due to big decisions and other things going on in life and I now feel resolved and just...held. It will all be okay :)
- Cooking. This is not new but I just love when I have time to cook. Heres a recipe that I adopted from Cooking Light last week - SO good. I just added a couple of flavor boosters.


Black Bean Quesadillas:
1 can of black beans - drained
1 can of Rotel (I used the Mexican can - lime and cilantro)
2 cloves of garlic
fajita sized tortillas - this recipe made 5 but could probably be stretched to 6
Sour cream and/or Ortega Taco Sauce
Shredded cheese (I used monterey jack, I believe)

Chop garlic and saute. Add can of black beans and rotel. This will get very wet/soupy but keep cooking it until it thickens.

Set broiler on oven. Add mixture and cheese to tortillas. Broil until top is slightly browned - about 3-4 minutes. Top with sour cream and/or taco sauce! I just used taco sauce to eliminate some calories but I secretly really wanted some sour cream.

YUM!

1 comment:

Kiley said...

mmmm chobani. i have plain flavored chobani, blueberries, and granola every morning. although sometimes i spring for the blueberry chobani as a special treat :) and i'm not a huge fan of the honey, either!

see you so soon!