Monday, July 4, 2011

Delays.

Ugh. Travel Delays. I don't remember the last time I flew and didn't have some sort of delay. This one is a doozy - 3 hours. Midnight can't come soon enough and 6am is going to come waaaaayyyy too quickly. One really positive thing about this situation: I am still in Columbus and CMH has free wifi. woo!

I have become completely desensitized to how BUSY the Atlanta airport is. I didnt realize until walking through CMH that most everything at ATL stays open pretty much all the time. Here I am sitting in Columbus at 9:09pm and I can't even walk into a news/magazine/snacks store to buy a Diet Coke...they are all closed.

Let me just tell you...there is just SOMETHING about the Midwest. There is just something about it that calms me, allows me to breathe, and to actually (seriously) relax. I am not sure what it is but I really would like to figure it out. Is it just that the Midwest is what I know? Is it just because it is home and that its typically an escape from responsibility? Would Atlanta feel this way if I were FROM the south? Maybe.

When I am home, I spend a lot of time wondering if/when I will return for good. I really do like Atlanta but there is just something inside of me that doesnt feel like it is home yet. I still say "well, im from ohio, but I live in Atlanta." I've been there 2 years. Will I ever feel like it is right to claim Atlanta my home? Not to mention how my friends and family make me feel when I am here. My friends are seriously the very best. Its so...cheesy...but I feel so whole when I am around them. My girlfriends are the kind that you can talk about absolutely anything with and my guy friends just...are awesome. I laugh so hard when I am around them all. I am so thankful for this and know that it is a huge blessing. I am so happy to have them to come home to, even if I wish with my whole heart that I could have them with me in the ATL.

In other words, I had a wonderful, wonderful time at home and I can't wait to return in 10 days :) I am hoping that I might get to see some fireworks from the sky since I have to miss them this year!

Coming up this week: 3 days of work and then facilitating at Phi Mu UIFI at Indiana University - SO pumped. I have a huge passion for all things leadership development and I know this will make me even crazier (in a good way?).

ps - I've decided that I need to work on my blogs cool factor. You know those blogs that you read that just make you want to be its author? I don't want you to want to be me, but I do want you to want to read my blog. Maybe if I was more creative, there would be more for you to read? We'll see.

No comments: