For some reason, since I dont have class or meetings for the next hour and half, I feel like I have some down time. In all actuality, I have lots of reading and paper writing that I should be doing. As you can see, thats really not affecting me in any way. haha.
School continues. Classes are a lot of work but I really do enjoy them. aaaaaaaaand thats that.
Phi Mu is like...ridiculous right now. I started getting really overwhelmed with it on Sunday evening when one of our members decided that it would be alright to tell me that I dont care about her or the chapter as a whole. FALSE...that was not okay. I really couldnt believe that she claimed that and I think that I have come to the conclusion that that is the worst thing someone has said to me in a long time. I put my entire heart and soul into this chapter. I love each and every girl that steps through that door (im in the suite right now...haha) and I try my best to make everyone happy. That is clearly impossible to do but I really think I've done a good job in my 2 years on exec. I have been given a lot of responsibility and trust and I appreciate that so much because I can handle it. Being on exec and being a member of this amazing group of women is really the main thing that has shaped my collegiate experience. My roommates are absolutely fabulous and I could talk about them for hours, but when it comes to shaping me as a young woman and leader, Phi Mu has single-handedly been my outlet and the place where ive been able to grow the most. God put me in this chapter for a reason, and maybe its egotistical to claim this, but I really think I have left my mark on these women and on this chapter. It is weird to me to think that in 2 years, no one will ever really know all I have done. I will be gone and graduated and someone else will step in to my shoes. Im just gonna go ahead and say that I think I have done over and above what my actual job as Vice President entitles me to do. I am proud to be able to say that I really am friends with every girl in this chapter. I am proud to say that I could sit down and have a meaningful conversation with every single one of them. I have spread myself without spreading myself too thin. It makes me happy that they trust me to be the one that will get things done and that will hear their concerns and actually do something about it. If I had the opportunity to stay here and to lead these women for another year or two, I would absolutely take it. It has been the most rewarding thing I have done here at Miami and I would never change any of it for the world. It has been so hard and tiring at times. There have been many times where I have felt like I just could not take on anymore...but then I remember why I am doing what I am doing. It is most definitely not for myself. It is so that I can help shape the collegiate experience of 121 women into the amazing experience that mine has been.
"You'll be with me, like a handprint on my heart." Wicked
Less Is More
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment