What a first week it has been.
Its been pretty interesting because SO MUCH has happened and it should have been a week that made me so happy to be in oxford...but it didnt.
Classes started. I've already had two quizzes and two papers due...like, realllly?! is that necessary?! negative. Besides the massive amounts of work that I think this semester will become, I think my classes will be enjoyable.
KNH 110: Social Dance...obvious learning how to waltz and swing cannot be a bad time.
FSW 481: Adolescent Development...I am taking this class with Britney. It will be fine. Ive had this professor before and shes a little weird sometimes but she knows her stuff and I really like learning about development.
PSY 333: Adolescent Development...in the Psych department. lol. for my major. This class is full of work. FULL of it. We get quizzed twice a week on the reading...I just find that absurd. It is not my professors duty to make sure I read the chapter...it is my job to make sure I read the chapter.
PSY 410...Emotion Regulation...my senior capstone. i am going to LOVE this class. It is all about how emotion regulation can prevent maladaptive behaviors. The class is based off of research that my professor is doing and an intervention program she is currently implemented. the only terrifying thing about it is that our final project is 60% of our grade. okay thats a big deal.
PSY 326...Psychology of Women...professor= major feminist. There are no tests or quizzes in this class but we have 16 small papers throughout the semester, 1 bigger one, and 1 final 15 pager.
CSA 141...Computer Applications Class...basically just learning the ends and outs of Microsoft Word. Easy class but also useful, I think.
Micah and Megan are now ENGAGED. this happened Tuesday evening and it was so, so adorable. I am really happy for them. It was very nice to be semi-involved with Micah in the planning of the evening and I am happy that we could be here for Megan to help her celebrate. It was hard for me after the excitement died down. I got all emo and sad and heart-broken all over again but I got all fixed up by Erin and Alyssa =) Micah and Megan are so great together and I can't wait to find a love like theirs. I think it is CRAZY that the first member of the Super Six is engaged to be MARRIED. I still feel so young, but I guess when you find your soul mate, you find your soul mate =)
I have been spending a lot of time with my Phi Mu sisters which is super great. Britney and I went to a few birthday parties on Friday night and then we had a sisterhood cookout this afternoon. They are great and I really appreciate each of them.
Zach and I had the opportunity to sit down and talk to each other today. It was after some semi-unfortunate circumstances but I haven't felt this content with the state of our relationship in a very long time. We were able to completely and comfortably catch up on each others lives, and we also got to take a serious look at where we went wrong. It was good to hear his side of this story and to realize that a lot of the areas that we struggled in, were areas that we both felt improvement was needed. Its unfortunate that we just explored these things now, after the fact, but it brought an interesting amount of closure to the situation. It was just really wonderful to be able to be open and completely honest with each other and I am really thankful that he gave me that opportunity.
Labor day= tomorrow= no classes= OMG YAY.
"But if you must falter, be wise" Rihanna
Less Is More
6 years ago

1 comment:
hey froomie. i forgot you had this. so... here i am. saying hi. and that i love you. kthxbye.
-you know.
Post a Comment