Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Whoooaaa. Its been a long time.

Never in my life have I been this busy. I seriously never have time to just sit and watch TV or to just...sleep in...even on the weekends.

Since the blackout...gosh...ive been doing a lot. I had a paper due for my psychology class 2 weeks ago which ended up being 27 pages long. It required many long nights at the library, but I finally got it done and should be getting a grade back on Thursday...*crosses fingers*

But wait! I have ANOTHER paper due for the same class on November 18th...likely to be at least 15 pages, says my professor. sigh.

I hate my psychology of women class. It has basically turned in to a feminism class and I hate it. I am all about gender equality and equal opportunities, but the people in this class (especially my professor) are negative about every single topic we discuss. It has nothing to do with what we can do to move toward greater equality. It is basically all about how awful it is to be a woman in todays society and how disadvantaged women are compared to men. I mean, COME ON. Yeah, we arent necessarily equal but must we focus on it day in and day out? And if we are really that concerned about it (which, luckily, i am not) then lets focus on a way to change it. Im guessing that this class bothers me so much because I have thankfully never been in a situation that has made me acutely aware of being a woman or that has made me feel disadvantaged in any way. Maybe most of the feminists in that class have...but...why be so negative all.the.time?! I pledged thismorning to stop paying attention in class. We arent tested over any of the material so there is no reason for me to listen and then to leave class every day discouraged. I am over it. I am not learning anything, really. Today a girl claimed that Beauty and the Beast is just a tale that teaches young girls that if you are pretty enough or skinny enough, your boyfriend will stop beating you....seriously? really? Thanks for trying to ruin my crazy love for that movie. Would Disney really purposely make a movie with that intention...false. But I commend her for looking so hard for the negative aspects of that fairy tale.........it has to get old some time, i hope.

I have been doing a lot of self-exploration in the past few months. That process is never-ending and is sometimes really hard. Just thinking about where my life is leading me and how my faith is going to help me get there is really tiring.

I guess I'll just leave that as a preview to my next post...class is starting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay yay you updateddddd.
-kiley