Thursday, September 3, 2009

Its been awhile.

Hello, faithful readers =)

I am sorry that it has been so long. After I get home from work...I don't really feel like updating so I put it off and off until I finally realize I need to fulfill my duties as "Blogger."

Everything is still going well! I really still love my apt. However, I found out this afternoon that there was a robbery somewhere on the property last night. That makes me uneasy. But then I remembered that it happened in Oxford all the time and I never felt unsafe there so its fine. ?

Work is still good. I have been very busy. I dont remember how long ago I wrote in here but I went to visit one of my chapters last week to help them with recruitment. I found out at the beginning of this week that they made quota and have a full pledge class! I am SO proud of them. They are really awesome girls and I was so happy that I got to spend time with them.

This week, the first major report of the year was due for all of the chapters in Phi Mu Nation. I cannot even tell you how many hours I spend processing them this week. Pain in the butt. There HAS to be a more efficient way. I don't have time to figure out what it is though. Today I dealt with two different chapters that wanted to have 2 different inappropriate socials.

Social #1: Anything But Clothes Goes....no...sorry. I do not have time to deal with a report about people not wearing clothes to an event.
Social #2: If is isnt neon, it shouldnt be on!...again...the threat is posed for people to not wear clothes. not okay.

So, I got those taken care of...relatively harmlessly.

I have been homesick a little bit. Mostly, I just miss Oxford and everything being so familiar. I miss knowing who I was going to see everyday and being excited about that. Its nice to have my own space when I come home from work but I do really miss having people that I can talk to about things other than work.

I am trying out a new church this weekend. It is much closer to me than the other one that I have been going to and I think that they have a broader selection of small groups to choose from! I am excited about it!

ALSO: Zach and I are going to World of Coke on Saturday...I cannot wait!

Another sad thing: I think the Buckeyes play this weekend and I don't think I will get the game down here =(

I havent mentioned much about it but I am amazed at how God has been blessing me throughout this whole life change. Everything is just going so well and I am so thankful. Not only that, but He has put me in a workplace where almost EVERYONE regularly talks about going to church and attending small groups and the like. I just think its amazing. I think its partly just being in the Bible Belt, but it just makes things so much more comfortable for me for some reason. It was easy to get connected to people that could show me different churches in the area so that I didnt have to go alone every week. I've also just been forced to give up control. Being in a completely new environment, job, and around all new people lends itself to a kind of helpless feeling. Not in a bad way, but just kinda like I cannot control what is happening because I don't know enough about where I am to predict what is coming. Its scary in a way but also so very freeing because I know that God has the control and I can't really do much controlling from this place in my life. I'm okay with that.

I am really looking forward to November. YAY friends, YAY Columbus, YAY Thanksgiving, and YAY family =)

No comments: