Sunday, November 29, 2009

Oh, epiphanies.

Its just about time for me to return to good old Newnan, GA!

I just had a great time at home. I don't feel like I got to relax much or got much sleep, but that is actually a blessing. I had so many people that I wanted to see and I got to see all of them =)

A few weeks ago at my small group, I had a sort of...epiphany. Along with the true nature of epiphanies, it really just...aligned my thinking and heart in preparation for Thanksgiving. We are reading and studying the books of Ruth and Ester. Last week, we were taking a look at Ruth's faithfulness and loyalty. This inevitably led me to begin thinking of how God has been faithful and loyal to me. The way that He has provided for me my entire life, but especially since my move, is humbling and almost...makes me cry. I realized that He knows me SO well and REALLY understands what it takes for me to keep living and to get out of bed everyday. It is those things that He has so graciously provided me with. At the very basic level, He led me to a beautiful apartment and gave me the means in which to afford it. He ingeniously orchestrated my college years to lead right into a job that i just LOVE. He has brought people into my life (quickly, I might add) that I have begun to build relationships with and that I can truly already call my friends. God made me to be a relational person and to crave friendships...He will most definitely cater to the needs that He created me to have =) He has also given me outlets in which to serve Him...something that I have been pursuing for awhile. Also, while this is all going on in Georgia, I still have the BEST support system in Ohio and all around the country, really. What more could a girl want?

I just think that, as basic as this all sounds, it is incredible. It really shows me how much God loves me and how He is ALWAYS on my side.

Time for one last family lunch during this trip! Only to be back again in 24 days =)

No comments: