Okay...so...I think in one of my very first posts, I warned you how bad I am at blogging. As you can tell from the lack of updates in the past month, I havent improved very much.
New Years Resolution: Be better at blogging.
On that note, Happy 2010 =) =)
2009 was just... a whirlwind. It was such a BIG year with so many HUGE life changes. It was also just...one of the best yet. I really think that thats how things go. You live and you learn and each year can be better than the last.
A year ago, I was beginning my last semester of college and I was FREAKING out about it. I didn't know what was in store for me after graduation, I did NOT want to leave Miami, and I
sure didnt want to leave my friends. It was a scary time simply because I had no idea what was coming next. The semester flew by and was one of the very best of my college career. Charter Day Ball, Green Beer Day '09, smashing SLC's $50,000 goal out of the park, 90's nights, bridal showers, Senior Pub Crawls, classes at the Rec with Britney, the Graduation Bucket List, Bible Study, various Phi Mu functions, time with a group of friends that will be in my life for years to come, and last but not least, graduation. phew.
All of that was followed with job searching, interviewing, visiting with friends, celebrating grad school acceptances (?), finally GETTING a job, and picking up and moving faaaaaaaaar away from home.
I really feel like January 2010 finds me in a very stable place. I am over the hump of adjusting to life in Georgia, I am so content in my job and feel very lucky to have it, visitors have started making travel plans, I'm involved in a church that really has me excited about being steadfast in my walk with God, and I know that I am right where I am meant to be. Its a good feeling to be mostly content when a year ago, I was so anxious about the changes to come.
All that being said, life is going well right now! I just got back last weekend from 10 days at home. It was EXTREMELY difficult to come back to Atlanta. Being home for 10 days really allowed me to get comfortable at home again. I had such a great time. I just LOVE my friends and I was so happy to just be home and normal with my family again. My grandma was in the hospital for almost a week and although it wasnt the best time hanging out in the hospital, I was so happy that I was home to be there. Its situations like that that make me nervous to be so far from home. I am glad that I was able to visit her every day and that she was home from the hospital before I left =)
Christmas was great and New Years was even better. Kiley, Britney, Zach, and Tim all came over to have dinner with my parents and me. It was really fun. My parents just loved it and have requested that it be our new New Years tradition =)
Going back to work actually wasnt too bad. The only TERRIBLE thing about going back to work after the weekends is getting up early. Thats pretty good, if you ask me. I was excited to see everyone again. Thats also pretty good. It also SNOWED this week here. Granted, it was less than an inch, but it is COLD. I really feel like I didnt leave Ohio. The snow threw everyone for a giant loop here. It is really kinda funny how that happens. Its fun though to have it snow in a place where it rarely does. I kinda felt like a piece of home was here or something. Its interesting to have EVERYTHING (I mean everything...I had almost a full day off work) shut down because of such little snow. I did realize, however, that they really have no way of treating the roads here. This makes for very slick roads in some areas. A lot of roads up in Atlanta were still VERY icy yesterday. For that reason, I can understand why things closed. Its just so interesting how the culture surrounding weather is so different in different areas of the country.
Lastly, I am changing my cell phone number tomorrow =( =( =( Its a bit silly that I am so sad and reluctant to just change a phone number. I've just had this number since I was 16 and getting a local number is SO permanent. But really, its not. Its free to change it and really easy to do. So anyways, if you want my new number, make sure to tell me!
OH! My parents are COMING to see me OFFICIALLY on the 27th =) Tickets were finally purchased! I just cannot wait =)
Less Is More
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment