Saturday, January 30, 2010

Paw Paw

It sure has been an interesting couple of weeks! Work has continued as normal...nothing too crazy going on, I guess. A little bit of drama here and there but still enjoying it, nonetheless.

A little bit of sad news to report:

My grandpa (dads dad) fell about a week and a half ago and broke his shoulder and his hip. They had to operate on his hip which is something that they really didnt want to do because he was so high risk. His heart was really bad and has been for quite some time. He had a 30% chance of making it through the surgery and in true grandpa fashion, he pushed on through. After that though, his recovery just...basically didnt happen. His kidneys began to fail in the days after his surgery and it all went down hill from there. I am very sad to report that we lost Paw Paw on Thursday evening.

As always, death is sad for me. Although I have great faith and hope in what is to come after this life, its just sad to think about the changes that will occur in our family. I just feel so sad for my grandma (although I think beneath the pain, she will find relief after taking care of him for YEARS) and its just sad that my dad lost his dad...I just can't even think about being in that situation without being upset. I am also sad that my family is so spread out during this. My mom was here on Thursday, which was a huge blessing, but Ryan is home alone and my dad is in Florida and has been since last weekend. I am so glad that he could be there though. My mom AND dad were suppose to be here all weekend but this put a hitch in our plans. My mom left this morning to fly down to Florida to be with my dad and grandma.

Thanks for all of your prayers and thoughts during his recovery period. Although it appears that it was just his time to go, it means a lot to have your support =)

I am really looking forward to the next couple of months. My parents will be back through Atlanta in a few weeks and then March is full of visiting friends! YAY!

No comments: