Sunday, April 18, 2010

I just LOVE weekends

I think, for some reason, I love weekends now more than I ever have in my life. I'm not sure why, but I'm alright with it. This weekend was another great one! I spent a lot of time in Atlanta which was fun:

Went to the Dogwood Festival, saw Date Night (very funny), and went to see Georgia in concert. A girl in my small group is dating the lead singer and they just released their CD yesterday...so they had a little concert. It was really fun...I like their music!

Today, I went to church and was again amazed by Andy Stanley. He just completed a sermon called "God and Country" and it was all about how important it is that God remain in the "national conversation" of politics. It is super interesting...slash terrifying because we have gotten SO far away from that and actually try to steer clear of God in any political conversation. He reminded us all of what this country was founded upon and what our Founding Fathers deemed important (uhh...In God We Trust...HELLO.). It was as recent (or not so recent...i guess) as the D-Day invasion that the PRESIDENT of the USA prayed publicly...like...prayer published on the front page of newspapers while large companies sent employees home so that they could spend the day praying for the soldiers in that invasion. Like...what? How great would it be to live in a time when the President prayed for the nation as a whole on TV and in newspapers and when it wasn't taboo to pray in the workplace? Its sad and scary that we've gotten so far from that. The sermon is way worth your time if you have a little bit free this week (http://www.southside.org/).

No comments: