Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm Back!

Well, friends, I'm back!

It seems like theres been a lot going on since my last post (september?! yikes), but I have a good reason for the lack of blogging.

Back in September, I finally decided (after lots and lots of soul searching and praying) to apply to grad school! I took the GRE in October, did well enough, and began the extensive application process. I have applied to Indiana, Bowling Green, and Ohio State for Higher Education and Student Affairs. SO excited =)

I havent been able to write about it (and its been consuming much of my time and head space) because it wasnt until this past week that I told my boss at work that I had made this decision. I told her finally because I GOT IN TO INDIANA =) =) I had decided that when I knew that this was a legit possibility and after I had prayed and prayed and prayed and felt peace in the fact that I truly believe this is where I am being called, I would tell the powers that be at Phi Mu. Therefore, its not been public knowledge and since I know TONS of people (not) read this, I couldn't leak my secret!

I will be incredibly sad to leave...I was upset just telling her. But, it totally and completely amazes me how much I can see Gods hand in this decision. I have had a wonderful time (and still will until August 2011) working for Phi Mu - it has been more than I could have ever dreamed it would be (as cliche as that sounds). I have had so many professional opportunities and, if I do say so myself, I've been very successful. I could not have gotten into these programs (nor would I have known that this is what I wanted to do, for that matter) without my experience here. It has, I believe, made me a very valuable grad school candidate.

It makes me feel appreciated that Darlene was sad to hear my news - is that...okay? She said that she really wanted to be happy for me but she was selfishly sad for her and for the HQ. I think I will forever appreciate them more than they appreciate me, though. I love that this job has set me up for a lifetime of volunteering and giving back to an organization that has blessed me SO SO SO SO much.

Throughout the entire application process, I was networking with people (for the most part) that I did not know before moving to Atlanta. Since then, I have worked with them and they were able to recommend me, give me some guidance, and be some huge supporters. How awesome?!

I'm just amazed. and so excited. slash so nervous.

I'm officially registered for my interview at Indiana (oh yeah...im just "conditionally admitted." I have to do a faculty interview and secure an assistantship). February 17-19th. Hopefully I will hear from the other 2 schools soon, but even if I don't...I am totally happy with Indiana...it is a really, really great program!

Will update more on life soon!

No comments: