I worked all of last weekend, so I am taking today off = a comp day. Problem: I just spent an hour on my email. the eff?! Oh well...I felt like I had to do it so that I could fully enjoy my day without worrying about being behind back at the office tomorrow.
I realized that I in no way documented the snow madness that happened in Atlanta 2 weeks ago. It was CRAZY. The snow/ice mess started on Sunday night. I think, in all, we probably got about 2-3 inches of snow and an inch of ice. In Ohio (or anywhere other than the south, really), this would have been no problem. But, Atlanta only has 9 snow plow trucks. No joke. The entire city. 9 trucks. ALSO they have no idea that salt can be used to MELT ice and snow. Instead, they just cover the mess in gravel and sand in order to give cars more traction. GRAVEL and SAND. Its still all over the roads even though the snow and ice are finally gone.
Anyways, I was off of work for 3 days because I literally could not get there. I couldn't drive anywhere! Day #1 was fine but Days #2 and #3 were boring and made me stir crazy. I spent time with the roomies...we walked to the park to go sledding (so many people had the same idea), walked to eat, took my first trip on MARTA to go shopping (turns out the mall was closed...womp), and made it through it all without slipping and falling! woo! success!

No comments:
Post a Comment