So my last day of work was last Friday and since then I have just been going, going, going. I thought that after I was done with work I would be able to relax. haha. false.
My last few days of work were great. I had some last minute reporting to put together, my supervisors took me out to lunch, and they gave me a very unexpected gift certificate to Barnes and Noble. Unfortunately, I spent it ALL on textbooks. At least that wasnt money out of my own pocket, right? =( It was great to be done but also a little bit sad. I'm worried about what is going to happen to the program since I'm gone. I put so much of myself into building it up, and now there is no one there that is focusing on The Benefit Bank...they are kinda just relying on the work that I did. so...yikes.
Since then, I've been babysitting, packing up my ENTIRE room because we are moving eventually, and just trying to get my life together before going back to Oxford. My to-do list gets larger every day and its making me nervous. haha. I ordered most of my textbooks and my new contacts came today...thank goodness. I've been semi-studying for the GRE...its just so hard to find the time to sit down and really focus on it.
The past 24 hours have been pretty incredible. Last night, Kiley, Marissa, Christina, and I took a trip to Nyohs. It was just so much fun. There were quite a few people there we knew or that we just happened to meet. I just love dancing. So much. No matter what kind of dancing im doing, it allows me to just completely forget about anything else going on in my life. The past few days have been so frustrating and last night was something that I really needed.
Today, I went to Progressive Medical to meet with 4 people that are working in their HR division. I met with their VP of Human Development, HR Specialist, Recruiting and Hiring Manager, and an HR Coordinator. It was really great. I had emailed the VP last week asking if I could just meet with him sometime before I went back to school to kinda pick his brain about HR, and he responded with an entire schedule of meetings that he set up for me. I was just...so thankful. I didnt expect that at all and it was greatly appreciated. I think that HR is something that I am going to pursue. It kinda encompasses everything that I am interested in. I get to work closely with employees, listening to their concerns, etc while at the same time being a leader and administrator. I mean, thats ideally where I will be eventually. I will obviously have to work my way up. I think that I am going to try to get an entry-level job somewhere after graduation and I hope that I can work on my Masters at OSU while I do that. Lets hope that plan sticks...
OXFORD A WEEK FROM TODAY. omg. i cant believe it but i am so excited. Phi Mu stuff has already started to pick up and my September calendar has already blown up. I'm totally ready to get back in the swing of things though. I hope everything is alright between my friends...I'm going to try my best to make sure it is.
In other news, im obsessed with the Olympics. I've watched every night except for last night and I just love them. I think they are so fun and that they represent something pretty awesome. I mean, so many countries are represented there. Its just like...a world-wide competition...(obviously) I just think its really cool to think about. And Michael Phelps is clearly a fish. Or something.
I am currently watching May-Treanor and Walsh kill, again. Walsh= ace. They win. woohoo!
"Whatever it takes, I'll try" Leona Lewis
Less Is More
6 years ago

1 comment:
1) yay nyoh's
2) yay olympics
3) yay you
4) yay hr
5) yay school... kinda haha
6) yay being my friend
k to the i to the ley (omg that rhymes)
Post a Comment