I am back in Oxford and it is wonderful. I love, love, LOVE our new apartment. It is so much more homey than last year and I just love it. Our balcony overlooks the gate so we can see who comes and in out. Its just great.
Kiley and I got here on Wednesday. My whole family came down to help me move which was really, really comforting. I had so much stuff to move and to organize and I would have felt very overwhelmed if they weren't here. It was great to have my dad hang shelves and to have everyone run errands with me. Wednesday night we just hung out with Tim and got our lives organized.
Thursday was a very busy day, randomly. I went to the bookstore, walmart, kroger, the pool, studied for the GRE, hung out with Tim and Kiley while watching the olympics, and filled a new picture frame that I purchased =)
Friday, Megan moved in. We helped her get all of her stuff in and then I went to Colerain to buy some new running shoes. I found cute ones on sale for 40.00. Later, we went to Fiesta Charra for dinner and then had a few people over. It turned out to be a good time.
Britney moved in today and that makes 523 complete =) My world feels more complete now that she is here. I am excited that we are all here now. The year can start.
Yesterday was the first time since I've been single that I have really felt lonely. Well, I have felt lonely ever since Zach and I broke up, really, but yesterday was different. I was in Oxford, i was going to Colerain and I had no one to go with me. Last year, there was always someone that would go anywhere with me. It was really harder than it sounds. I got home and felt some sense of accomplishment...like...I did something by myself and it turned out alright. I know that sounds ridiculous and stupid...but for some reason it is so true. I hope thats something that I will get over because I really hate feeling lonely. I very rarely enjoy being by myself.
Tonight= first night out in Oxford. I am SO excited =)
First Stop: Booty Chest
Second Stop: Hopefully somewhere uptown =)
"I have been blessed, with so much more than I deserve. To be here with the ones that love me, to love them so much it hurts." Martina McBride
Less Is More
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment